‘The world is full of kind people. If you can’t find one, be one.‘
TUESDAY 1st – SUNDAY 6th MARCH 2022
WHY A KINDNESS FESTIVAL?
Kindness is something we all need and can offer to others. It has proven benefits for our mental and physical health and plays a big part in making Frome a decent place to live and grow up in.
After a tough couple of years, the team at The Good Heart in Palmer Street has had the idea of curating a week of events that will help us all to:
- appreciate and celebrate the kindness that already exists in Frome
- enjoy a range of events and activities together as winter comes to a close
- recognize and develop our natural capacity for kindness
- learn more about the power of kindness to strengthen our community and wellbeing
WHAT WILL THE FESTIVAL BE LIKE?
A range of events are already in the planning stages on the three themes of:
- celebrating kindness: as our natural and perhaps most important superpower
- practicing kindness: towards others, ourselves, children and the environment
- understanding kindness: its benefits and challenges, especially if we’re out our comfort zone
Our aim is for the festival to be as welcoming, varied and accessible as possible. We hope there will be something for everyone, as well as leaving plenty of space for the magical and unexpected.
WHO IS INVOLVED?
Lead partners so far include Frome Town Council, Frome Medical Centre, Frome Window Wanderland, the Frome Independent, the Frome Times and Frome FM.
Every individual, organization, school and business in the town is invited to take part. Would you like to organise an event or window display? Or to incorporate kindness as a theme into your normal everyday activities? Do you have other ideas and suggestions? They’re all welcome.
WHAT WILL THE GOOD HEART BE DOING?
We are bringing together a volunteer team that will:
- publicise the festival programme around the town and online
- lead kindness workshops and activities in local schools and colleges
- raise funds to cover the core expenses of the festival (currently estimated at £1500)
- collect donations for future activities on the theme of kindness
You can support the Kindness Festival by becoming a sponsor, joining our volunteer team, organizing an event or helping us to spread the word.