The Good Heart was set up in July 2018 as an experimental venture to explore how kindness can be nurtured in Frome.
- We have events exploring how people can grow in kindness
- We provide a home for the healthy and affordable Tibetan Memories cafe, which operates on a “pay it forward” basis
- We offer a space for like-minded groups to meet
The Good Heart is an independent local non-profit initiative and is not connected to any political or religious group.
We’re happy to announce that our pay-it-forward cafe run by Tibetan Memories reopened on Monday 21 July. This follows an extensive re-decoration and upgrade – we hope you like our new colour! The cafe now offers outdoor seating as well as a few safely-distanced tables inside, takeaway and home delivery.
Due to popular demand, we are continuing to offer Heartspace: a gentle online meditation space, open to all, from 9.00 – 9.30am Monday to Friday. We also provided a one-hour support session for NHS staff at Frome Medical Centre in July, and are now exploring other safely-distanced opportunities to explore the topic of kindness towards ourselves and others in the autumn. Please sign up to our mailing list if you’d like occasional news about our activities.
- Poem of the Week
- Healthy comforting food for challenging times
- Heartspace: a daily moment of calm
- Live and let live
- Kindness & the natural world