We are in the process of developing our safeguarding and confidentiality policies.
Here is our privacy statement:
What we need from you
When you register yourself on, or ask to join, our mailing lists we may ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
- Contact details – eg. name, address, email address and phone number.
- Your chosen areas of interest in our work.
- Events which you attend at the Good Heart
- Feedback or suggestions about our work.
Why we need your personal information
We need to collect our users’ personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may this information to provide you with information about our activities and enable you to reserve places at events as appropriate. We may occasionally ask for your advice or comments
We also process our users’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to
- Provide you with news and updates about the activity of The Good Heart and opportunities to get involved in our activities, training, general meetings or other events.
- Raise awareness of our activities by capturing photos, videos, or live streaming at events. We will use this for promotion, education and development purposes.
- Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
Why we need your personal information –monitoring
We may use aggregated and anonymised reports of our users’ personal information for equality monitoring purposes, and to enable us to evaluate and develop our activities
Who we share your personal information with
We will not share your data with any other third party.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by the directors of the Good Heart alone and only for the purposes set out above. It is stored only in electronic records (e.g. An online database and backup spreadsheet) which we will take every precaution to keep to keep securely and to which no other party will have legal access.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the above purposes. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and delete your personal information where you have not been in contact for more than with us for two years.
You have a right to:
• Remove yourself from our MailChimp records at any time.
• Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
• Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
• Request that we delete your personal information.
You can contact us at email@example.com or telephone Simon Keyes on 07968 440684. If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk