(Application Deadline: Sat 12th Nov 2022)
The first Frome Kindness Festival took place in March 2022. It was organized by The Good Heart, a community interest company run by volunteers and based in Palmer Street, Frome, where it manages a pay it forward café and warm space. The Festival is an annual opportunity for local people to come together to celebrate, practice and explore the difference that kindness can make in our lives. The second Frome Kindness Festival will take place from 5 – 11 March 2023.
The Good Heart is looking for a warm-hearted, efficient and dynamic person to provide practical administrative support to the volunteer teams who will be putting together the 2023 Festival programme and delivering its events. The post is for 20 hours per week over for four months, 1 December 2022 to 31 March 2023. It will demand flexible hours including some evenings and weekends, especially during the actual week of the Festival. We can offer an hourly rate of £15 per hour, payable at the end of each month on a self-employed basis, and are open to job-share applications. The Festival Administrator will report to the Festival Director.
The main tasks of the Festival Administrator(s) are to:
- Set up and manage the Festival booking system (eg on Eventbrite)
- Respond to enquiries and other correspondence
- Manage the Festival area of The Good Heart website
- Work with The Good Heart communications manager to carry out the Festival’s publicity and marketing strategy
- Provide back-up for the volunteer event leaders eg with identifying venues and managing volunteer teams
- Research and purchase materials and equipment as agreed with the Festival Director
- Work with the Festival Director and/or Finance Officer to manage the Festival budget and deal with income and expenditure
- Work with the Festival Director to ensure that the Festival has effective and appropriate policies and procedures in place, and meets all its legal obligations
- Participate in key events eg event leader meetings, Festival wrap
- Take a leading role in the wrap-up and evaluation of the Festival
We are looking for someone who is:
- A warm and effective communicator with a personal commitment to kindness who can relate in a skillful way to the wide range of people who will be involved with the Festival.
- An efficient, flexible and resourceful administrator who can plan and manage their own workload and is not afraid of taking responsibility. Previous experience of running festivals, setting up booking systems and managing budgets will be an advantage.
- A harmonious and supportive team worker who has experience of working with volunteers and/or in the not for profit sector.
- Someone who is smart and imaginative, has the confidence to make best use of IT and to develop the Festival’s online presence, and can work to a high standard within a limited budget.
- A local resident who already has a good working knowledge of the town and its residents.
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is midnight on Saturday 12th November 2022.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview on the morning of Thursday 17th November.
Please send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV
- A maximum of two pages explaining why you want the job, how you meet the person specification, and what hours you can offer
- Contact details for two referees (please let us know if they can be contacted before interview)
If you have any queries, please contact Alison on 07866 541954
And if you aren’t interested in applying yourself, please help us spread the word and find the best possible candidate. Thank you!